Monday, June 15, 2009

life on this earth is like a prison for the believers and a garden

Life on this earth is like a prison for the believers and a garden

Prophet Muhammad, salla Allahu 'alayhi wasallam, said: "Life on this earth is like a prison for the believers and a garden for unbelievers."

Ibn Hajar Al Asqalani (a chief of the court in Egypt) used to wear very nice clothes. Once he met a Jew wearing old /torn clothes. The Jew stopped Al Asqalani and asked him: "Don't you see the situation I am in and compare it with the bounty you enjoy, although I am unbeliever and you are believer? How can you explain your Prophet's saying: 'Life on this earth is like a prison for the believers and a garden for unbelievers?'"

Ibn Hajar answered him: "Although you have a miserable life on earth, you will consider yourself in paradise compare to what you will suffer in the hereafter if you die as an unbeliever. For me with all this bounty I have, if Allah Subhanahu wata'ala will reward me with Paradise, then this life will be like a prison to me compared to life in Paradise. The Jew said, "If it is so, then I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet."

The hadeeth is saheeh. Imam Muslim, Ahmad b. Hanbal in his musnad, sunan Tirmithee, and sunan Ibnu Majah.

No comments:

Post a Comment